Version Histories .....
Release V 4.50 ... 25/05/2017
1. You can manually save and restore your WAG files via the Maps and Trains Server at any time during online game play. Menu
2. Should you forget to do so then FYM will automatically save them for you as part of the logon process.
3. All changes to Hump setup files are automatically saved on the Maps and Trains Server as part of the logon process.
New YMs can request Hump files and/or WAG files from Justin (The VARailfan) following their successful application for a yard.
Beta V 4.402 ... 19/04/2014
1. Bug fix - Route checks failures are terthered at every map not just the originating map.
2. Bug fix - Terthered trains re-entering the map no longer inhibit mouse or keyboard control of either themselves or other trains in the yard i.e. there is no need
to close and re-open the map to regain full control of trains.
3. Multiple Hump Crests are now supported for Block checks. Cars either being re-humped or whose destination is applicable to be humped on more than one hump will assume the Block identity
associated with the last hump crest used. This means that such cars may change the block to which they are initially assigned. The reassignment will occur as they uncouple at the crest.
Players will see such car change colour, provided they have the block filter active (shift 3) and the colours of the two blocks are different. Cars leaving the map will lose this
Block identity and will revert to the original (non-humped) one if they re-enter the map.
4. Run through interchange trains will not be classed as originating at the interchange map, for all but Route checks. They will lose this special status if they leave
and re-enter the interchange map.
Beta V 4.401 ... 13/04/2014
1. Bug fix - Bug with engines running light has been fixed (hopefully this time).
2. Change to the NoComp check - reference is made to the TSAR only and not the terminating yard.
3. Blocking of manifest trains - this requires a little more work to handle properly double hump crest yards and MIM'd maps. The checks will
still be made but failures are for information only.
4. Local Delivery is being replaced by a much quicker and 'cleaner' option. Select an on map consist and press Ctrl J. This will do the same as a double state change LD.
However, cars in the consist must be for the current map only. If MIM'd they must be for one of the component parts only. However, the consist can be anywhere on the map, including
being in any of the MIMs.
Release V 4.40 ... 31/03/2014
1. Bug fix - Bug with engines running light throwing a UE has been fixed.
2. Trains, leaving their source map, which fail 1 or more checks are saved as tr1 files re-entering map backwards. Any problems identified (press the Info button for
details) should be rectified before attempting to dispatch train.
3. Trains, leaving any other map, which fail 1 or more checks may continue their journey.
4. A maximum of 2 unassigned cars are permitted. These must be the 1st and last freight cars on the train.
5. CP trains, identified as Freight & IM - most of the CP 2xx series, will be checked for HP/Ton as IMs (ie 1.8 HP/Ton minimum) if train
more than 25% of the cars on the train are IM cars. Otherwise they will be checked as general freight trains (ie 1.0 HP/Ton).
Release V 4.39 ... 31/12/2013
1. Bug fix - Bug with CSX trains carrying IM cars for BNSF yards is now fixed.
2. HP/Ton now displayed to 1 decimal place (in most cases).
Beta V 4.383 ... 22/12/2013
1. Quit on the FYM Colour Selector now leaves the colour unchanged.
2. Mis-routes are now highlighted on the Exit Form (Route).
3. New Yards which have not yet made it into the TSARs are exempt from route checking for 10 days after posting date.
4. If any of the 5 checks fail i.e. turn red, for a new train leaving it's source map, or an IM, Autorack or Roadrailer train leaving any map, then you should abort it's exit
and rectify the highlighted issue.
If anyone wishes to query why they get a Block failure on a manifest train leaving it's source map then you need to supply me with the copies of the following files
(all in your /yards/ folder) ... the train file or wag with train about to exit the map (and yrd file if you use a modified version), swt, set, nam and hcf files.
Beta V 4.382 ... 09/12/2013
1. Bug fix - Bug with byeing trains is now fixed.
2. Temporary change - 2 is now the limit for unassigned cars.
Beta V 4.381 ... 08/12/2013
This version introduces a number of checks on any train leaving a map. For now, the information is passed to the player via the form 'FYM - Train leaving map '. There are 5
new labels (Block, Unass, Route, NoComp and HP/Ton), which will either be displayed in green (check Ok) or in red (check failed). If any fail then the 'Save Train to HD' button will be
'light salmon' in colour and the 'Info' button will be enabled.
The checks are as follows:
1. Block check (Block). All IMs, Autoracks and Roadrailers must be blocked by yard. This is checked every time the train leaves a map. So adding cars at intermediate stations must be done
by adding to existing blocks if appropriate. Blocks for other freight cars are checked using the Shift 3 filter data. Currently this check is performed only as the train leaves the initial
(or source) station.
2. Unassigned cars check (Unass). A train with more than 1 unassigned car will fail this check. Currently 1 unassigned car is permitted to facilitate unit tank trains having a spacer car
between the engines and the first loaded tank car. I am looking at better ways of allowing a spacer car.
3. TSAR or Route check (Route). This is as yet incomplete and is pretty much identical to warnings already given.
4. A ban on IM cars from competitor RRs (NoComp). This prohibits Railroads from carrying IM cars for their direct competitor. RRs are paired as follows BNSF & UP; CP & CN; NS & CSX.
A 3rd RR will also be prohibited from carrying cars from any 2 direct competitors when that 3rd RR's train terminates (including a Run Thru interchange) at one of the competitors maps.
eg KCS ICLAT which terminates at Meridian NS Yard, MS cannot carry CSX cars.
5. Minimum HP/Ton check (HP/Ton). The HP/Ton is checked on leaving every map against a set of minimum values for different train types. Players should be careful when adding cars at
intermediate stations that the minimum HP/Ton value is maintained.
6. The 'INFO' button will give more details on why your train has failed a check.
If you run your trains in the correct manner then the only change you should see is that others now do the same.
For now all the checks are simply informative in nature. Non carry any punitive action. However, if they continue to be ignored then I will implement code which will tie a 'problem'
train to the map it is currently on.
Release V 4.38 ... 27/10/2013
1. Shift 3 filter change: Block/Track numbers are now included with mouse over display for a car.
2. V4.38 will open maps created/finalised in FYM-Map V4.00.
Release V 4.37 ... 24/08/2013
No further changes from Beta V4.3691
NB Buttons 'Auto' and 'Save' in the Blocks section on the Train Information form are non functional.
Beta V 4.3691 ... 19/08/2013
1. Shift 3 replaces 1 as the default filter.
2. Shift 3 will now remain set when you change maps.
3. The 'My Trains' checkbox has been replaced by a 'D/L my Trains' button. This provides a one click function to download all trains posted to you,
which were found either at startup or at the last Server file update i.e. pressing 'List' (with no check boxes checked), or unchecking any of the checkboxes.
4. This button will be green and enabled, if there are trains posted to you on the server.
5. In addition the number of trains posted to you will appear below the button.
Beta V 4.369 ... 11/08/2013
1. This version now correctly handles removal, addition or changing list order of maps with IM, Auto or Roadrailer facilities.
2. If you are moving to this version from V4.367 or earlier, then you must follow the instruction given in 4.368 #2 below.
3. If you are moving from V4.368, then you do not need to delete any files (assuming that you had followed instructions in V4.368 #2,
when you upgraded from V4.367 to V4.368.
4. If you continue to use 4.367 or 4.368, with the updated FYMYards.zip file (to be posted on Monday 12th), then you may find that you cannot open any maps.
5. If you are using the Release V4.36, then you need do nothing.
6. If you have used a Beta and now revert to the Release Version, then you will have to follow the instructions in V4.368 #2, before you use a Beta V4.369 or
later or V4.37 when it is released.
Beta V 4.368 ... 08/08/2013
1. Bug fix which prevented some maps from loading.
2. With FYM not running you should delete the following files:
< ROOT >/server1/IMYardMasterColours.acf
and all *.acf files in
< ROOT >/server1/yards/
Beta V 4.367 ... 07/08/2013
1. Bug which didn't correctly save the Autorack filters has been fixed.
2. 'Copy' no longer copies the Yard colour.
3. Clicking on the column header for 'Trains' will sort data alphabetically (descending) using this column.
4. The Block filter (shift3) has been extended to include Roadrailers.
5. Setup and Operation is identical to that for Autoracks and IM cars - see below.
6. Font change for mouse roll over with shift 3.
Beta V 4.366 ... 04/08/2013
1. Bug fix ... information is now correctly displayed for IM cars when mouse 'roll-over' a car when using the shift 3 filter.
2. The Block Filter (shift 3) has been extended to include Autoracks, as well as increased functionality for IMs and Autoracks.
3. To set up each filter press shift i for IMs and shift a for Autoracks. NB shift i replaces the previous shift 9 function.
4. A copy function is now available: Select item to be copied and press Copy, then select item to copy to. Only train name and notes are copied.
5. Import will import you colour setup for Autorack and IM yards from your yards filter '3' for the current yard.
6. You can have different colours and information for IM and Autorack cars for the same map.
7. Before using this Beta, you should delete the following files:
< ROOT >/server1/IMYardMasterColours.icf
and all *.icf files in < ROOT >/server1/yards/
Beta V 4.365 ... 18/07/2013
1. Bug Fix - Delete Block now deletes the correct block on the form 'FYM Edit Block'.
2. Bug Fix - Pressing Quit or 'killing' form no longer does an edit update on 'FYM Edit Block'.
3. Bug Fix - Deleted blocks will no longer be displayed as coloured on the 'Train Information' form.
4. The filter shift 3 has been expanded. IM cars now have their own set up function (Autos and Roadrailers to follow).
4a. With a map open, Shift 9 will open the IM yard/train filter form.
4b. All IM yards are listed by Country/State/Province and coloured by Railroad.
4c. You can (and should) modify these colours and add text (in the Train and Notes fields)as appropriate.
4d. Simply click on an entry and use the coloured button and text boxes to add information as you wish).
4e. Press 'Update' to add this data to the list.
4f. You can if you wish use all the colours you have previously set for the yards filter. Simply press Import.
4g. To save your changes press OK. Pressing Quit or killing the form will discard all you changes.
4h. The shift 3 filter will display all IM cars (Autos and Roadrailers soon, but for now as set up for the yards 3 filter) as set up with the shift 9 function, and all general freight cars as
set up by the 9 function.
4i. With the shift 3 filter active, then mouse roll over an IM car will display the following information: Car Mark, Destination Yard, Train (if set by shift 9) and any notes
(if set by shift 9).
Item 4 is as yet incomplete. I shall be adding more functionality soon. But Beta V364 expires today hence I have released V365 early.
Beta V 4.364 ... 30/06/2013
1. A new checkbox has been added to the Maps & Trains form. If checked it will list only those server trains posted to you.
2. A new feature 'Blocks' has been added to the Train Information form. This will enable coloured representation of Blocks within a train.
A Block is defined as any number (minimum 2) of contiguous cars, which share a common identity with the context of the train. e.g. NS 132 (a manifest from Macon, GA to
Bellevue, OH) usually runs with 3 blocks. Two are set off at Danville, KY.
3. The correct sequence for specifying blocks is as follows:
Build consist ... Attach Engines ... Set TSAR ... Specify Blocks
4. To specify blocks:
4a. Open the Train Information (train can either be on or off a map).
4b. Select a number of contiguous cars (minimum 2), which form a 'block'.
4c. Press 'Set n' (where n=number of next block) to mark these cars as belonging to Block n.
4d. The first element for each selected car in the train list will be coloured.
4e. Different colours are used for each block (maximum 10 blocks).
4f. Pressng 'Set n' will also display data for this block on a new Tab - 'Blocks'.
4g. Continue like this until all blocks are defined.
5. You can now edit the blocks to add information and also to specify at which yard this information will be displayed.
5a. Pressing 'Edit' or doble clicking on any Block in the 'Blocks' Tab will open a form - 'Edit Block'
5b. Select a Block, select a yard from the drop down list (only yards on this route are displayed - hence the need to set the TSAR before you set up the Blocks)
and enter information in the text box at bottom of form. Press 'Add Data' to add data to your selected Block.
5c. 'Del All' and 'Del Block' will delete all Blocks or just the selected Block - this includes the block defination from the Train Information form.
5d. If you wish just to delete the yard reference and/or the notes, have the entries blank and press 'Add Data'
5e. 'Update' will return you to the Train Information form and update the 'Blocks Tab' with any changes.
5f. To save the 'Block' data close the Train Information form in the usual way.
6. Notes added to a Block plus car numbers plus Block number will be displayed as the train enters a specified map.
7. To see the Blocks and their data then have the 'Show Blocks' checkbox - checked.
8. Blocks can also be displayed on the 'Inbounds Form' - checkbox located top right on form.
8b. Double clicking on any data line in the Train list will open the 'Edit Block form in read only mode.
9. Occasionally an on map train or one in a tr1 file will be listed 'backwards'. Such listings are 'corrected' as the train leaves the map (not for a tr1 file).
Set up the blocks as normal. FYM will re-arrange this, including modifying the car numbers in each block, as train leaves the map. It is for this reason that you should not include
car numbers in the notes field. Let FYM look after that for you.
10. Block data will survive through an accidental coupling of 2 trains and can be re-applied to the appropriate train, ONLY if you use the correct method for recovery.
See Recover Train Information
Beta V 4.363 ... 14/06/2013
1. A shift 4 filter has been added. This does exactly what shift 3 does, with the exception that it does not use the yard filter colours for autoracks.
2. FYM now supports using comma (,) as the decimal mark.
3. Internal changes to how FYM handles comodities. Affecting the following CRS Form, Set Default Loads Form (Alt M) & assigning default loads during car loading,
Train Information Form - Assigning Loads to cars. These changes are done to prepare for the updated FYMCarLoads5.ini file. You should see no differences using your current data.
Beta V 4.362 ... 26/05/2013
1. The Block Filter (shift 3) will now display the following car types coloured by yard (set up as if for a yards filter ie 3):
Wells, Spines, IM Flats, Autoracks & Roadrailers.
Beta V 4.361 ... 19/05/2013
1. The Caboose creation process is once again fully functional.
2. A new version of uploadwags should now work with all versions of Windows.
Release V 4.36 ... 03/05/2013
1. Selecting a MIM Child and then attempting to download map files will generate a warning message.
2. Significant changes to creating and editing car mark files (CMF) - see video 'Make Car Mark Files Version 2.0' for details.
Beta V 4.359 ... 03/05/2013
1. With a map open 'Alt T' will tell you if new trains have been posted on the server to you, since you opened the map. This information is reset if you
minimise or close the map.
2. Significant changes to creating and editing car mark files (CMF) - see video 'Make Car Mark Files Version 2.0' for details.
Beta V 4.358 ... 29/04/2013
1. Quick fix. Append * to players username to use the attract attention (or wake up) function. eg 'Hello Dragon27* you there?'
Beta V 4.357 ... 28/04/2013
1. You can attempt to attract the attention of a non responsive player on chat by sending a message which must include his/her username (case sensitive).
any characters appended to the username from a Beta should be ignored.
2. A prompt plus your message will appear on the map the player has open.
3. The prompt and message will flash red/green and will remain until one of the following occurs:
- The player responds from the 'map chat line'.
- The player minimises the map.
- The player closes the map.
4. Please do not abuse this facility.
Beta V 4.356 ... 12/04/2013
1. A bug with allocating siding numbers to cars of the same type and status but with different MIM destinations has been fixed.
2. A link to the video web page for FYM has been added under the menu item 'FYM's Web Site'
Beta V 4.355 ... 31/03/2013
1. A bug with using both Primary and Secondary Car Marks has been fixed.
Beta V 4.354 ... 23/03/2013
1. The logoff delay has been eliminated.
2. Trains with fewer engines on the 'front' than elsewhere are assumed to be running backwards and can be turned in the Inbounds Form.
3. You must be online when you run this version of FYM for the first time.
Beta V 4.353 ... 20/03/2013
1. Changes to the 'Save WAGs' scheme as follows:
1a. WAG files for all 'My Maps' and maps where you are the YM, opened in the current FYM session are displayed on the 'FYM Save WAG' form with an off while (Linen) coloured bakground.
1b. After saving one or more WAG files the list is refreshed. If saved then previous off white entries are now displayed with a cyan background colour.
1c. The CLA '-SWAG' is removed. WAG files for all opened maps on 'My Maps' list and maps where you ar the YM, and which have not been manually saved on the Server will be automatically
saved as you log off. This may add a little delay to your logoff time. However, you can eliminate this delay by saving the WAGs manually after you have finished operating on that map,
as you proceed through your FYM session.
Beta V 4.352 ... 16/03/2013
1. Contigious cars of the same type and load status will be allocated the same siding number as they enter their destination map (any map in a MIM, if applicable).
2. Adding '-SWAG' as a Command Line Argument will instruct FYM to automatically save (as you log off FYM) any 'MyMaps' wag file (see below) that has
been written to during your current FYM session.
Beta V 4.351 ... 22/02/2013
1. Menu item 'WAGs' has been added.
1a. There are 2 functions under this item - 'Save Wags' & 'Restore WAG'
1b. 'Save WAGs' allows you to save a copy of any or all of your 'My Maps' wag files on the server. Simply select (Multiselect is supported) the wag files to be saved
and press the 'Save' button.
1c. 'Restore WAG' allows you to restore any of your saved wag files from the server. Simply select (single selection only is supported) the wag file to be restored
and press 'Restore'. Your current wag will be saved as nnnn.bag and the server wag will be downloaded to become the active wag.
1d. The restore function is only available when no map is currently open.
1e. Players should save all populated and changed wag files at the end of each FYM session.
1f. You only need to download the wag if your local version gets corrupted.
1g. This compliments the existing wag backup scheme.
1h. Date/Times for your local wags are your local times. Date/Times for the server wags are either GMT (late October to late March) or BST (GMT +1) all other dates.
1i. Players should ignore any 'Not Responding' messages during WAG Save.
2. Bug Fix - Caboose creation is now working again.
3. Bug Fix - CTRL + Left mouse click to force a switch change is now working correctly i.e. CTRL key press is not remembered.
4. Bug Fix - Car Marks for non-articulated cars created on Map are now sourced from the correct file.
5. An alternative system for fueling engines and repairing both engines and cars is now available.
5.a To set it as your default system use the CLA '-NFF'. Only one system can be active at any time.
To switch back and forth between this new system and the original system press
ALT F when a map is open. The setting is maintained as you move from map to map.
5.b When you open a map if the new system is active then 'Alternative Fuel & Repair Active' will be displayed for a short time in top left corner of map.
5.c If you forget whether it is active or not then press 'd', with a map open. If 'Alternative Fuel & Repair Active' appears in top left corner then it is active.
If it doesn't then it's not. Press 'd' again to dismiss the text.
5.d To use this method, move the units (at any speed) onto an appropriate fuel or repair track.
5.e Leave them in their current state for as long as you wish. Then with the stationary consist 'selected' press CRTL F to perform a
refuel or repair on any suitable units in the consist.
5.f Only units which sit either completely or partially on the fuel or repair track will be fuelled or repaired.
Release V 4.35 ... 09/02/2013
1. Internal changes to saving wag files.
2. Trains with empty B/O Passenger cars can leave the map, trains with serviceable but empty Passenger cars can not (see also notes #1-#3 Beta V 4.342).
Thus B/O passenger cars should only be repaired on maps which have a station, so they can be loaded after repair. Alternatively delete the B/O car and replace with a new one.
Again this can only be done on maps with a station.
3. See notes for Beta V4.341 to Beta V4.346 below, for details on the remainder of the changes.
Beta V 4.346 ... 02/02/2013
1. 'Create/Edit Car Marks' replaces the 'Import Car Marks' function under the 'Cars' Menu item.
2. You can create Car Mark files as previously described - see V4.339 below. In addition you can load a Car Marks file and edit it (add or remove data).
2a. Data values are displayed in table #3.
2b. In addition all available data for that car type will be displayed in table #2.
2c. You can add data to table #3 by double clicking on the appropriate row in table #2.
2d. You can remove data from table #3 by double clicking on the appropriate row in table #3.
2e. Press 'SAVE' and choose a file name to save the data.
2f. It is recommended that you explore this function before you commit data so generated to an in game consist.
3. Commodities (if active) are now set if using the 'alternative' loading system (ctrl-L).
Beta V 4.345 ... 29/01/2013
1. Bug fix - Moving to a new map via exit selection, having just run a train panel to panel on a multi-panel map no longer throws a UE.
2. Bug fix - Creation of on map mechanical/physical car variants now works.
3. Bug fix - UE no longer thrown at startup for V4.344 users who have not used the Car Mark functions in previous Betas.
4. Bug fix - Car Marks, auto applied to cars created on map are now from the correct file.
Beta V 4.344 ... 26/01/2013
1. An 'Invert Operation' checkbox has been added to the 'Import Car Marks' form. If unchecked then all Marks listed are available to the generation function.
Player may disable any by double clicking on them - any disabled will be highlighted in red. If 'Invert Operation' checkbox is checked then initially no Marks are available
to the generation function. All will be highlighted in red. For the generation function to work, the Player must enable at least one Car Mark option by double clicking on it.
Enabled options are no longer highlighted in red. Player may continue to add Car Marks by double clicking on them.
2. FYM will create a complete suite of default Car Mark files for use with the import function and car creation. Only marks on the 'Primary' list for each car type are used. Normally
FYM will do this only once. Howerver, if you wish to force FYM to repeat this operation then simply delete the file '< ROOT >\server1\CarMarks\FB.cmx' and restart FYM.
3. To set your own files as the default files, create files as appropriate using the 'Import Car Marks' function and use the 'Set Default Files' function. Both these functions are available
under the 'Cars' menu item.
4. Files which are automatically created by FYM or are created using the 'Import Function' in V4.344 or later are tied to a specific car type.
5. CMF files created in earlier versions of FYM can no longer be used.
6. 'Import' is now the only option for assigning car marks on the 'Train Information form', hence the assistance provided in #2 above.
7. Changes to the car creation form:
7a. Layout Change. 'Create & Cancel' Buttons have been moved to the left. The default CMF file is displayed for the selected car type. A 'Defaults' button is added.
7b. Double clicking on the CMF name will allow you to change the file for the selected car type via an 'Select File Form'. This selected file will remain the file associated with that car type
until either you press the 'Defaults' button (returns all files to their default values) or you restart FYM.
7c. In the same way as on map car creation, only one car type can be selected on the 'Create Cars' form.
7d. When you create cars they will be allocated a randon car mark generated from the file listed on the 'Create Cars' form.
7e. The maximum number of engines you can create is now 30. The maximum number of cars you can create is now 500. Please use engine/car creation sensibility.
7f. Creating at least 1 engine excludes car and caboose creation. Creating at least 1 car excludes caboose creation.
8. Cars created on map will be allocated a randon car mark generated from the default file.
9. You can of course change the Car Marks generated during car creation, by using the 'Import' function on the train Information form.
Beta V 4.343 ... 13/01/2013
1. Bug which may cause some alternative (un)load operations to behave incorrectly has been fixed.
2. The Available Exits combobox on the Inbounds Form reverts to it's original format. PLEASE NOTE, if you type a value into this box
it will be ignored in favour of the original exit number. Just simply select (with mouse) from the list of valid exits provided.
3. On Import Car Marks form 'User Def'd' populates the list to be saved with users selection of Car Marks. Mullti-extended selection is supported.
Beta V 4.342 ... 23/12/2012
1. Passenger trains with empty cars (caused by originators failing to load them) will not be allowed to leave the map. If you currently have such a train,
then you should do one of the following:
1.a If you have a Passenger Station on your map - set the cars to unassigned, then set them to your map - load them (CTRL L), then set to their proper destination.
1.b If you have no Passenger facilities then either upload train to someone (but not to me) who can and will change the un/load status for you, or uncouple the empty cars and delete them and
send remainder on their way as normal.
2. 'Backward' running Hop-on/Hop-off (Ho Ho) run through trains will not now be able to leave the map.
3. An alternative system for (un)loading cars is now available for all cars except Passenger cars, IM cars and Roadrailers.
3.a To set it as your default system use the CLA '-NUL'. Only one system can be active at any time. To switch back and forth between this new system and the original u/l system press
ALT Scroll Lock when a map is open. The setting is maintained as you move from map to map.
3.b When you open a map if the new system is active then 'Alternative UL Active' will be displayed for a short time in top left corner of map.
3.c If you forget whether it is active or not then press 'd', with a map open. If 'Alternative UL Active' appears in top left corner then it is active. If it doesn't then it's not.
Press 'd' again to dismiss the text.
4. The new (un)Load system is similar in operation to (un)loading of Passenger Cars.
4.a Move the cars (at any speed) onto an appropriate (un)load track.
4.b Leave them in their current u/l state for as long as you wish. Then with the stationary consist 'selected' press CRTL L to perform a (un)load operation
on any suitable cars in the consist.
4.c Only cars which sit either completely or partially on the (un)load track will be 'worked'.
4.d It is not recommended that you use this system to (un)load unit trains of coal, grain, Open Hopper cars etc.
4.e Unlike Roadrailers there is no time delay on the (un)load operation, this is due in part to the possible need to switch between old and new schemes for 4.d above.
However, such delays can be easily simulated by simply leaving the cars in place for the desired amount of time.
Beta V 4.341 ... 04/12/2012
1. The Drop Down List for available exits on the Inbounds Form is now set so it cannot be typed into.
2. Turning a train on the Inbounds Form after you change the entry point no longer resets the entry point to the original value.
3. Trains on internal map connections are no longer flagged as 'possible mis-routed trains'.
4. Setting Hump Yard Track assignments is disabled until at least 1 'route' from crest to bowl is defined.
5. Layout change on the Import Car Marks form.
6. On Import Car Marks form 'Use Primary' populates the list to be saved with primary (most common & coloured green) Car Marks only.
7. 'Use 2nd'ary' populates the list to be saved with secondary (uncommon & coloured light pink) Car Marks only.
8. 'Use Both' - does just that.
Release V 4.34 ... 26/11/2012
1. Full row select is now active when you double click on any entry in the middle list on 'FYM Import Car Marks'.
2. The 'Random' function is no longer available to generate Car Marks on the Train Information form.
3. See notes for Beta V4.331 to Beta V4.339 below, for details on the remainder of the changes.
Beta V 4.339 ... 22/11/2012
1. 'Import Car Marks' function has been added to the 'Cars' Menu item. This will load all the car marks, number range data from the file FYMCarMarks2.ini.
2. Double click on a car type to list all associated Car Marks.
3. Double click on a Car Mark to add it to your defined list.
4. Double click on a specific entry to remove it from the list.
5. It is recommended that you explore this function before you commit data so generated to an in game consist.
Beta V 4.338 ... 21/11/2012
1. Bug which ignored a MIM Child on Route List on Inbounds Form is fixed. This same bug also erroneously reported possible misrouted trains, when inbound to a Child MIM.
2. Bug which could cause a train to be saved 'backwards' has been fixed.
3. CTRL + Mouse Left Click will force a switch change, even if the switch track segments are occupied.
4. An 'Import' Car Marks function has been added to the Train Information form. This will apply random car marks from a user specified list to be applied to 'like' cars
(including physical and mechanical varients).
5. To setup the lists click on Menu>Cars>Create Car Marks.
On the form which opens, enter the Mark and the number range in the 3 text boxes (Coloured cyan) and press 'Add Data'.
To remove a previously added entry, simply double click on it. To clear the input fields before entry press 'Clear Input'.
When finished with data entry, press 'Save' to save to a file of your choice.
To return to edit a file , press 'Load' and select file.
6. To apply these marks to cars, open the Train Information form, select at least one car (or complete consist if articulated cars) and press 'Import'.
Press 'Load' to open a previously saved car marks file.
Press 'Generate' to create a list of random car marks from your defined input.
Assuming that each Mark, number range entry is unique then each random car mark generated will be unique within that generated set.
You can temporarily exclude a Mark and number range for the current generated set by double clicking on it (It will be highlighted in red). Double clicking on such a dataset for a
second time will once again include it in the generation process.
Press 'Save' if you wish to save your input data, which may contain one or more excluded data sets.
Press 'Apply' to apply the generated car marks to the selected cars and close the 'Import' form.
Beta V 4.337 ... 7/11/2012
1. A bug in V4.335 which erronously reported that a tr1 file was corrupt in the Inbounds Form has been fixed.
2. MIM Children maps are included on the 'My Maps' list in the CRE Set Up Form.
Beta V 4.336 ... 3/11/2012
1. The image is not reloaded when a train runs between panels on a multi-panel map. (Included again following removal in V4.335).
2. Misroute warnings on train exiting a map have been changed to include aborting train exit. Players who get
such a warning should abort train exit and correct the problem, rather than passing the problem train onto the next player.
3. Possible misrouted trains are highlighted on the Inbounds Form.
4. Trains 'appearing' at a potential incorrect exit because of a misroute problem will have available, this exit plus either all valid exits which connect to
the previous yard listed in the TSAR, or to all valid exits which connect to previous yard, if previous yard is not listed in TSAR (e.g. new yard and TSAR not yet updated).
Beta V 4.335 ... 3/11/2012
1. 'Turn' Button on Inbounds Form is enabled for all new Trains.
2. 'Abort Train Exit' button is available on Exit Form. If clicked, then Train will immediately reverse at 30mph. Train will become the 'Selected Train'
for immediate control. Display will be moved to make Train's entry point visible.
3. The change in V4.333 is removed. There is a problem when running to a Child map in a MIM, which I have yet to fix.
Beta V 4.334 ... 28/10/2012
1. Corrupt file UEs now handled on Inbounds Form (Errors 69000 & 69001). Follow on screen instructions.
2. On Inbounds Form, all 'live' exits are valid for terminating trains (does not include run through interchange trains). Note LD Only exits are not 'live'.
However, they can be made 'live' by assigning a connection to themselves.
3. Turn Button on Inbounds Form is enabled for trains where 1st unit is not an Engine and for Terminating trains (not interchange trains).
Beta V 4.333 ... 26/10/2012
1. The image is not reloaded when a train runs between panels on a multi-panel map.
Beta V 4.332 ... 22/10/2012
1. Handles an issue caused by using the utility 'carrename.exe' on off map cars and then trying to run them onto a map.
2. If you have a copy of this utility please do not send copies to other players. It's functionality (or similar) will be incorporated into FYM.
Beta V 4.331 ... 21/10/2012
1. Access to FYM's Forum available via one click Menu Item.
2. Bug fix on CRS form. Listing Yards alphabetically now returns the correct result.
3. Change on Inbounds Form - Exit selection is via drop down list no longer a user typed value.
4. Bug fix - for cars, Mechanical/Physical Variants now behave the same way as the Primary car both for The 'Block' filter (shift 3) and when humped.
Release V 4.33 ... 06/08/2012
See notes for Beta V4.321 to Beta V4.328 below.
Beta V 4.328 ... 27/07/2012
1. Passenger cars are now correctly listed in the Map U/L form.
2. NDS sidings are now correctly identified independant of car's loaded status.
Beta V 4.327 ... 19/07/2012
1. In some circumstances the Primary RR was not displayed in the car Destination list on the Train Information form. This has now been fixed.
2. It is no longer possible for loaded car destinations to be set (randomly or otherwise) to a MIM 'relative' of the source map.
Beta V 4.326 ... 14/07/2012
1. Exit numbers used by trains entering or leaving maps are now recorded in the 'Car Histories'.
2. Players not wishing to use the 'ACA' function should use the CLA '-XACA'.
Beta V 4.325 ... 05/07/2012
1. Siding numbers for cars exist only while cars are in their destination map (=Parent or any Child in a MIM).
2. They are assigned randomly from a set of applicable siding numbers as a car enters it's destination map for the first time.
This has not changed from before.
3. However, siding numbers can now be edited while the car is on it's destination map.
4. With the consist on the map open the Train Information form.
5. Select cars to be edited and then select siding number from the drop down list (in Siding # group box - bottom right on Train Information form) to apply the change.
6. The siding number list is produced from the first selected car in the consist list. NB this is not necessarily the first car you click on.
7. Selected cars which do not match the type and un/loaded status of the first car are ignored. Even if the siding you select is an dual un/load siding.
8. Mechanical/Physical variants are treated as being identical to the Primary Industry Specific car.
9. It is important to note that the use of siding numbers is entirely optional and players can un/load a car at any siding which handles that car type.
Beta V 4.324 ... 23/06/2012
1. Bug fix. More bugs to follow.
2. Map opening information text repositioned to avoid overlap.
Beta V 4.323 ... 22/06/2012
1. Sidings with Passenger cars, Intermodal Cars, Autoracks or Railroaders are not valid for Automatic Commodity Assignments (ACA).
2. If you try to use ACA (Alt M) on a map with no valid loading sidings. The form will not open and you will get the following message.
This map contains no suitable general freight sidings for automatic commodity assignments.
3. If the map contains more than one instance of a siding number then unless the cars loaded by each are identical, then
the Set Default Loads form will not open with Alt M and you will get the following message:
There is more than one instance of the following sidings: 1 2 3 and the car types handled are different.
The map needs to be corrected such that similarly numbered sidings handle identical car types.
4. If the track segments which load cars or indeed the car types themselves are changed then you will get the following message:
There are inconsistancies between the saved 'load commodities data' and this yard file.
Therefore, the saved data will be replaced by default data based on this yard file.
You should reset the Commodities to be loaded on each siding as you wish.
Beta V 4.322 ... 18/06/2012
1. Bug fix.
Beta V 4.321 ... 17/06/2012
1. Hump Siding/Block assignments have been increased (considerably) beyond the previous limit of 150. If you approach the new limit,
a warning is output and all new assignments are disabled.
2. Primary RR is now output on the Car Destination list on the Train Information form.
3. There is an option to limit the Source Maps to those listed in MY Maps in the CRS form.
4. Automatic Commodity assignment on loading tracks.
4a. With the map open press ALT + M . This will open a dialog which lists sidings, car types an commodities.
4b. Select a siding - all car types handled at that siding will be listed.
4c. Select a car type. All available commodities available for that car type will be listed.
4d. Double click a commodity to set that as the loading default for that car type.
4e. This commodity will be assigned to that car type when it is loaded on any track segment associated with that siding.
4f. FYM will automatically associate track segments with different sidings according to the following:
4f1. If only one numbered siding is associated with loading a specific group of car types, then all similar track segments will be grouped with that siding number.
4f2. If more than one numbered siding is associated with loading a specific group of car types, then all contiguous track segments will be grouped with each siding number.
4f3. Remaining contiguous track segments are associated with the numbered segment which is nearest to their mid-point.
4g. If you find that FYM does not allocate the segments correctly then in the first instance you should modify the map to better comply with one of the above.
Release V 4.32 ... 11/05/2012
1. A Synchronise button has been added to the Maps & Trains Form. This will automatically create a My Maps list consisting
of maps at which you are the Yard Master.
2. Changes to the window header text when a freight train is selected. 'Locos' now become 'e'; 'loaded cars' becomes 'ld'; 'empty cars' becomes 'mt'.
Release V 4.317 ... 07/05/2012
1. FYM now handles correctly Passenger trains which terminate at a Child MIM.
Release V 4.316 ... 01/05/2012
1. Bug fix with multi-crest Hump Yards,introduced in V4.315.
Release V 4.315 ... 29/04/2012
1. Big E messages are now limited to a maximum of 3 recipients.
2. Changes to COPY Track assignments for a Hump Yard. See HELP on the form, FYM - Assign Classification Tracks.
Beta V 4.314 ... 21/04/2012
1. CRS FIX. CRS data can now be assigned to the Mechanical/Physical Car Variants.
Beta V 4.313 ... 12/04/2012
1. Commodities can now be applied to loaded cars. However, any such cars then handled by a player not using this Beta will have the commodity listing removed.
2. Customised Rail Service (CRS) is once again available.
Beta V 4.312 ... 22/03/2012
1. You can now have a single colour file for all car types which can be used across all yards even when you have yard specific colour files for States, Yards and Railroads.
Create as follows:
1a. Open the Yard, State,Railroad & Car Colours form.
1b. Edit the car colours.
1c. Click on Create GC File. This saves your car colours edit as FYMColours.crs and creates FYMColours.gcf file. The existance of the latter forces FYM to load
FYMColours.crs whenever you open a map even if the map specific file nnnn.crs exists.
1d. To edit the single colour file for car types, select FYMColours.ycl as the SOURCE file.
1f. To save the single colour file for car types, select FYMColours.ycl as the TARGET file.
1e. Click on Delete GC File. This removes FYMColours.gcf.
2. Yards are now colour coded for ease of identification in YM Control.
2a. Additional checkbox filters (map Filters B) are available to further refine your searches.
2b. You can select any number of these filters.
2c. Press Find or a Map Filter A Button to activate the search.
2d. Hover mouse over any filter to get information about it's function.
Beta V 4.311 ... 04/03/2012
1. The Track Assignments field for the Hump/Block set up has been widened and a Horizontal Scroll Bar added to accommodate the longer car names now in use.
2. The yrd file audit function 'Confirm upto date yrd files' now handles MIM Children correctly. This function will only work if no map is open. It may take a few
moments to run, depending on how man yrd files you have. Use it to find which yrd file updates you have not yet downloaded, without having to open individual maps.
Release V 4.31 ... 29/02/2012
1. This fixes a bug which may cause FYM to crash when you activate the 'Block Filter' shift+3 on a map where there are fewer cars than you have colour blocks defined.
Release V 4.30 ... 25/02/2012
1. This version aligns FYM with the new car types specified in the revision of all maps.
2. GS Tanks, Gondolas, Open and Closed Hoppers are automatically converted to an Industry specific type (if appropriate).
3. Loaded and Unloaded cars are treated separately.
4. It treats MIM'd components separately.
5. It does all conversion in a single pass.
6. It works only on cars in the yard of their final destination.
7. It checks car type and changes it (if appropriate) on every train as it is run onto a map and on every train on the map during a wag read.
8. The changes are made before siding number allocations on inbounds – so siding numbers should be correct. But siding numbers for trains already on
the map may not be correct.
9. If a revised map no longer handles car type & status (un/load) then car is setto be empty and unassigned.
10. If a revised map still handles a GS car then no change is made.
11. If the source yard does not handle the new type then the car is set to unassigned when unloaded.
12. All identical cars in a train (= group of coupled cars from 1 to ...) are converted to a single randomly chosen type handled by that yard. eg GS Tanks –>
Some variant of Tank if handled by that yard, etc.
13. The second un/load index for all cars is set =1. This removes the generic un/loading of cars eg previously any Box car would un/load on a GS
Box car siding. Now only GS Box cars will un/load on such a siding.
14. Players should assume that a new wag file is needed for every map revised.
15. The correct sequence for updating a map is as follows:
15a. Open Map - get New Version required message
15b Close Map
15c. Extract Trains - Menu>Map>Extract Trains (the wag with all trains still in it is saved to 'trains/TrainsExtracted'). IM cranes will not be
15d. Download new map files - yrd & his button
15e. Open Map - creates new wag file.
15f. Run trains back onto map.
16. Players should examine their revised maps using FYM's 'Map Siding List' - hotkey 'M'. Any sidings for General Service Tanks, Gondolas, Open Hoppers and Closed Hoppers
which are listed as 'NDS' (No Defined Siding), should be treated as a possible map revision error. Usually such sidings will be isolated track segments which have not been converted
to Industry Specific cars. If an error is confirmed then contact the Regional Map PLan owner with details.
Release V 4.22 ... 31/12/2011
1. Bug fix - Hump issue with cars needing washed has been fixed.
2. Restart chat session - if chat 'dies' then close chat window and press Ctrl R to restart chat session.
3. Car Loads are temporarily suspended - all will be automatically removed from car data and cannot be reset. Players should ensure that all their trains
have the car loads removed (reset is done when a map is open, a train enters a map or when the Train Information form is opened for a specific train.
4. Customised Rail Service (CRS) files are now invalid and will be removed.
5. CRS is temporarily disabled.
6. Train running restrictions introduced for non-registered players.
7. Train file download restrictions introduced for new players.
8. The sequence for loading passengers at a 'source station' of Unassigned Cars --> Cars assigned for source station (select consist and press 'H') --> Ctrl L
(to initiate the loading) is now strictly enforced.
Release V 4.21 ... 29/10/2011
1. Bug fix - the unhandled exception when cars are created on a siding where the entry switch is at mid-point and all track segments are set to un/load , is now handled.
2. The automatic internal change of car type from the old to the new is now removed.
3. Some fields within list are now widened to accommodate the new car names.
4. An export button is added to the form Assign Classification Tracks. This will create a text file
which lists all assignments by track/block. The data can be imported into a spreadsheet - the data separator is @.
Release V 4.20 ... 01/10/2011
1. Bug fix in the Assign Classification Tracks the group Car/Yard/Status/Siding now lists the correct yards for a particular status
of a car (any, loaded, empty).
2. Part of the Yard Data Monitor associated with numbers of specific car types un/loaded has been disabled (temporary measure).
3. This version supports a host of new 'Industry Specific' car types. See Help --> Car Types for details.
4. Car names, lengths and weights have also been revised.
Release V 4.08 ... 27/09/2011
1. Bug fix in the Railroad colours file reads.
Release V 4.07 ... 09/09/2011
1. The Show Only selection on the Block Filter list will now survive a wag file save.
2. Maps with u/l values different to those in the ini file will close after 1 minute. Inbound trains and car creation on sidings will also be disabled.
Follow the onscreen instructions to rectify.
V 4.067 ... 04/09/2011
1. TSARs opened in read only mode via Menu Item TSARs will be closed if you open the Inbounds Form.
2. OAF (Old and Forgotten) option is once again available on the Maps & Trains form. Any file > 9 days old will be listed.
3. The number of days since posting will also be listed against any file displayed using the OAF filter.
4. When you select any server file the number of days since posting will also be displayed on the basic file information - bottom right on Maps & Trains form.
5. Turntables can now be moved/stopped by using either Scroll Lock or > for clockwise rotation or Pause Break or <
for anti-clockwise rotation.
6. Internal changes associated with TrainFinder. Please note - the current version of TrainFinder will not work - new version to follow shortly.
V 4.066 ... 30/08/2011
1. Further changes to the Block List. See Help --> Colour Filters for details.
V 4.065 ... 25/08/2011
1. Route miles at every Station are now output on the TSAR, Inbound and Train Leaving Map forms.
2. The number of unassigned cars in the consist is displayed on the Train Information form.
3. When using the Block Filter - cars which do not get assigned to a block and appear white will have their identity plus their destination displayed during mouse roll over.
4. Changes to the Block List. See Help --> Colour Filters for details.
V 4.064 19/08/2011
1. Hump set up - Yards listed in the Car/Yards/Status/Siding filter are now only those which satisfy the Car type and Status selected.
2. Colours can be changed on the Colour Selector either by using the sliders or entering the RGB values - range 0-255.
3. Route miles at every Station are now output on the Train Information form.
V 4.063 17/08/2011
1. Changes to the Car Blocks Colour Filter for Autoracks and IM Flat cars. These will no longer be coloured white if they satisfy a Block search criteria
of either car/yard/status/siding or car.
2. Changes to Hump rules for Autoracks and IM Flats. These cars will only be tested for either car/yard/status/siding or car..
Cars not satisfying either of these criteria will be sent to the others track.
3. The Help pages for both Colour Filters and Hump Yard Set Up Part II have been updated to include these changes.
V 4.062 13/08/2011
1. When downloading updates to the Connection Maps, you can choose to Download either INDIVIDUALLY (as in previous versions) or ALL.
Just click on the relevant Button.
2. A new colour filter 'Car Blocks' has been added. See Help --> Colour Filters for details.
V 4.061 17/07/2011 & V 4.0611 31/7/2011
1. Bug Fix - In TSAR Data Recovery replacing the current TSAR reference with one from a different RR would result in the data for the original RR being erroneously displayed. However, the
correct TSAR reference was saved and the correct data would be displayed the next time the Train Information dialog was opened.
This has now been fixed and the relevant TSAR database is read whenever the TSAR source is changed.
2. Bug Fix - For Hump Yards with more than 1 Hump Crest, double clicking on the siding list for Hump Crest N (N>1) would always block/unblock a siding associated with Crest #1.
This has now been fixed.
Release V 4.06 ... 02/07/2011
1. Cars which enter a map for a second time (e.g. a multi-panel single or MIM'd map) no longer have their siding numbers re-assigned.
2. A new file FYMCarMarks.ini will be downloaded at startup. This will be used in a future version of FYM.
V 4.053 11/06/2011
1. Similar car types (e.g. 2, 3 and 4 Bay Covered Hoppers) are now listed as a single item.
2. The Map Siding List (MSL) form is now displayed with an opacity value of 100%.
3. The MSL form will be minimised when you operate the 'GOTO' function. To re-display it, either click on the minimised form or press 'm'.
4. Car types which are handled by the yard but for which no siding number is used (e.g. IM cars) are now also listed but with 'NDS' in the Loads at and/or unloads at columns.
The 'GOTO function for such cars has no meaning.
V 4.052 29/05/2011
1. Sidings are now listed in ascending numerical order.
2. Siding numbers are listed only once (per car type) independent of how many times they appear on the map.
3. The form is now displayed with an opacity value of 75%.
4. A 'GOTO' fnction has been added. Selecting a siding from the drop down list will change the map display such that the selected siding is now mid screen
(subject to the sidings position relative to the maximum image dimensions and screen resolution).
5. Where there are multiple instances of a siding then the X-Y position of the last found in the yard file will be used.
V 4.051 27/05/2011
1. Change to assigning cars to the current yard using 'Hotkey' H removes issue some may have had when trying to assign IM cars with a non-yard engine attached to the consist.
2. Change to how random sidings are assigned. A check is made as train enters a map and any cars with incorrect siding numbers will have sidings reassigned. All cars bound for that map
will have sidings allocated with the exception that any car destined for that map but not handled by that map will have no siding number set.
3. Pressing 'Hotkey' M with a map open will produce a list by car type of all sidings that car can (un)load at. Cars for which numbered sidings are not used (eg Autoracks IMs, etc) will not be listed.
Release V 4.05 ... 24/03/2011
1. The statstics files for Yard Data are now listed in chronological order, with the latest you have being opened by default.
2. A new item has been added to FYM's menu bar - 'FYM's Web Site'. This reproduces the links to all the web pages from www.fymanager.co.uk
3. If also includes a link to the version History web page.
4. Those items which are available of www.fymanager.co.uk have been removed from the Help menu list.
5. A bug with cars billed erronously to yards which do not handle then has been fixed.
V 4.0432 ... 18/03/2011
1. V4.0432 changes the way in which 'Billed' yards are set. This applies to new cars or to cars where the 'Bill' yard is not currently set or where the 'Bill' yard is to be changed.
2. You can 'Bill' an empty car provided your yard unloads this car type.
3. You can 'Bill' a loaded car provided your yard loads this car type.
4. For all yards but especially for MIM'd maps, the 'Billed' yard will be the yard at which this car last changed it's loaded state (i.e was unloaded or loaded).
5. If your yard only unloads a certain car type then assign 'Bill' when the car is empty.
6. If your yard only loads a csrtain car type then assign 'Bill' when the car is loaded.
7. If your yard both loads and unloads a car type then set 'Bill' when the cars state is how you intend to dispatch it. i.e. if you intend to dispatch this car empty then se 'Bill' when it is empty.
If you intend to dispatch this car loaded then set 'Bill' when it is loaded. If you set 'Bill' on an empty car and then load that car the 'Bill' will be removed.
8. If you have cars which have been unloaded at yard A and you now wish them to be 'Billed' to yard B (either loaded or empty as appropriate) then do the following
8a. Move the cars to Yard B. Or to it's parent or a sibling map if MIM'd
8b. Select the cars in the Train Information form.
8c. Cars must be 'unassigned' in order to proceed. Press'Unassigned' if needed and re-select the cars.
8d. Press 'Change Source'. This will set the selected yard (B) as the yard where the car changed it's loaded state.
8e. Proceed as above to 'Bill' the cars to yard B, either as empty or loaded.
9. If you try and 'Bill' cars to a map which doesn't handle that car type and state then your request will simply be ignored.
1. V4.0431 fixes a bug in V4.043 where some players were seeing 'Q' trains listed on startup.
2. It also should help those players who have been experiencing problems with downloaded trains remaining on the server.
However, if this download issue persits then add '-UAD' as a Command Line Argument to your shortcut target path.
3. There is also an extra CLA '-GFO', which should be used if you currently have issues displaying the train files correctly at startup.
Web site © Copyright Dr J Hill 2011, All rights reserved.